Course Length: 6.5 hours
Fee: 185.00 per person
Participants will receive in-class instruction as well as practical training on Elevated work platforms.
Instruction will include:
- Legislation and standards
- Importance of pre-work planning
- Conducting a pre-use check and visual inspection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Load limitations and calculations
- Machine specific features
- Working from heights
- Platform types
- System components
- Safety devices
Working At Heights is a pre-requisite; all participants will be required to provide proof of training.
Participant manual, record of attendance, temporary wallet card (permanent card issued by CPO’s Office).
Contact All Safety Consulting for more information on this course
Course Length: 8 hours
Fee: $135.00 per person
In association with Start Safe an approved Working at Heights training provider by the Chief Prevention Office, All Safety is offering this mandated course.
This program will provide participants with an understanding of duties and responsibilities when working at elevated heights, potential fall hazards, and controls, and appropriate selection, use, and limitations of various types and applications of fall protection and arresting equipment. This program reviews the basics of fall protection and then leading you through the correct application of different systems. A practical demonstration of harness inspection and donning is given as all participants are required to inspect and don a harness during the course.
Module 1 – Basic Theory
- 3.5 hrs long
- Fundamental elements on how to work safely at heights using construction related content
- Legislative Responsibilities for working at heights
- Hazard Recognition, Assessment, and Hierarchy of Controls
- Various Fall Protection and Prevention applications and limitations of PPE
- Warning methods and physical barriers
- Ladders safety
- Introduction to PPE
Module 2 – Practical
- 4 hours long
- Nice advanced and in-depth information on fall protection systems including hands-on demonstrations of equipment and procedures
- Practical demonstration of the proper use, inspection and donning of harnesses
- Barriers and other fixed equipment
- Fall protection equipment (travel restraint, fall restricting, fall arrest)
- Anchor points
- Work access platforms
- Rescue planning
Participant manual, test, record of attendance and temporary wallet card. (permanent card will be issued by the CPO’s office)